by Catherine Best Gordon
1. Protein: 1 gram per pound of ideal bodyweight
2. Carbs: Up to your personal carbohydrate tolerance.
3. Fat: Enough to satisfy appetite. Reduce if fat/weight loss stalls.
Meat, Poultry, Eggs, Fish, Tofu
Vegetables that grow above the ground.
Low sugar Fruits: Berries, Melons, Apples, Oranges, Grapefruit if well tolerated.
Fat: Butter, Olive Oil, Heavy Cream, Ghee, Avocado Oil.
Other Dairy: Greek Yogurt, Cottage Cheese, up to 2 oz. of cheese per day if well tolerated.
Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar, Lemon Juice, other sugar free vinegars, herbs and spices.
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, Liquid Stevia, Xylitol.
How many meals per day?
Level 1: 50 grams of carbohydrate per day. 3 Meals Per Day. 2 Snacks if desired.
Level 2: 30 grams max of carbohydrate per day 3 Meals Per Day. 1 or 2 snacks if well tolerated.
Level 3: 20 Grams max of carbohydrate per day= Sugar Strike/Ketogenic. 2 or 3 meals per day. May add 16/8 fasting/eating hours if helpful.
- Breakfast: 2 eggs fried in butter, served with spinach and avocado
- Lunch: Grilled chicken salad with mixed greens, tomato, cucumber, and a homemade vinaigrette dressing
- Dinner: Baked salmon with broccoli and a side of cauliflower rice
- Breakfast: Smoothie made with avocado, spinach, coconut milk, and unsweetened cocoa powder
- Lunch: Zucchini noodles with sausage, tomato sauce, and Parmesan cheese
- Dinner: Slow cooker beef stew with carrots, onions, and celery
- Breakfast: Keto breakfast bowl with scrambled eggs, sausage, and cheese
- Lunch: Shrimp and spinach salad with a homemade creamy avocado dressing
- Dinner: Grilled pork chops with roasted asparagus and a side of broccoli
- Breakfast: Keto coffee (coffee with butter and coconut oil) and a slice of almond flour bread with almond butter
- Lunch: Tuna salad with mixed greens and a homemade mayonnaise dressing
- Dinner: Chicken and vegetable stir-fry with coconut oil and low-carb sauce
- Breakfast: Keto smoothie with unsweetened almond milk, avocado, and berries
- Lunch: Turkey and cheese roll-ups with mixed greens and a homemade ranch dressing
- Dinner: Slow cooker buffalo chicken meatballs with a side of steamed broccoli
- Breakfast: Keto breakfast muffins made with almond flour and filled with bacon, egg, and cheese
- Lunch: Grilled chicken Caesar salad with romaine lettuce, parmesan cheese, and a homemade Caesar dressing
- Dinner: Baked pork chops with roasted Brussels sprouts and a side of cauliflower mash
- Breakfast: Keto breakfast bowl with scrambled eggs, bacon, and avocado
- Lunch: Turkey and avocado wrap with mixed greens and a homemade mayonnaise dressing
- Dinner: Grilled salmon with roasted vegetables and a side of broccoli
Please keep in mind that this meal plan is just a suggestion and may not be suitable for everyone. It’s important to consult with a healthcare professional or a registered dietitian to determine the best meal plan for you based on your specific needs and goals.
Leave a Reply